Saved 32% in one year
Dr Ben Todd joined Arcola Theatre in 2005 and has led the development of its environmental sustainability programme, including developing Arcola Energy from an internal project to a fully-fledged company. He holds a PhD in engineering from Cambridge University and has worked in R&D, technical and strategy consulting on both commercial and government projects, including at Cambridge Consultants, Rolls-Royce Fuel Cell Systems and Synnogy. As well as managing Arcola Theatre and Arcola Energy, Ben speaks internationally on sustainability in the arts and is Managing Director UK for Horizon Fuel Cell, developing new markets and applications for fuel cell and renewable energy technologies.
Feimatta Conteh joined Arcola in August 2010 from the sustainability team at the London School of Economics and Political Science. An English Literature graduate of Edinburgh University, she pursued an interest in places, people and politics and has worked in the environmental and sustainability sector for over four years. Prior to working at the LSE, Feimatta was at Groundwork Manchester, Salford and Trafford as a Neighbourhood Regeneration Officer developing, delivering and fund raising for community based environmental management systems and behaviour change projects, nudging people towards more environmental habits.
• Renewable energy research and development, including sharing information with non-technical audiences
• Developing innovative projects combining creativity, learning, sustainability, arts and science.
• Providing leadership to arts organisations in embedding sustainability in practices
• Renewable energy technology, particularly hydrogen fuel cells (BT)
• Staff engagement (FC)
• Community engagement and events (BT / FC)
Sustainable building refurbishment (BT)
Sustainability and the arts (BT / FC)