10:10 inspires and supports people and organisations to cut their carbon emissions by 10% in a year.
Any individual, family, business or organisation can make the cuts - and by working together we can make a real difference.
1. 10:10 is a voluntary emissions reduction campaign for any person, organisation or business to commit to cutting 10% of their emissions in a 12 month period.
2. 10:10 is an inclusive campaign. Every person, business and organisation is welcome to join.
3. Offsetting or emissions trading can in no circumstances be part of 10:10, as the aim is to reduce emissions directly.
4. Successes are celebrated, rather than failures highlighted, so as not to discourage people/organisations from signing-up for fear they will be criticised for failing to achieve 10%.
5. Everyone who signs up should be actively encouraged to spread the word.
6. Emissions savings should wherever possible be locked in for the long term.
7. All campaigning organisations are free to run with 10:10 if they choose.
8. 10:10 must not be used as a vehicle for personal or organisational profiteering.
9. 10:10 is a campaign for immediate reductions of greenhouse gas emissions and should not be used to push any other moral, social or political agenda.
10. No 10:10 organisation, i.e. country hub, should behave in any way that could impact negatively on 10:10’s reputation.
People can add principles and policies but they can't change these basic Ten Tenets.